Private or Alternative Student Loans
A number of major lenders offer credit-worthy students and /or their parents the opportunity to borrow privately in order to meet educational costs not covered by their financial aid awards. In most cases a credit worthy co-signer is required unless the student has significant income. Some require a minimum of half-time enrollment and some require satisfactory academic progress. Families are encouraged to carefully review and consider the terms of any private loans prior to applying. It is important to remain with the same lender throughout your education, if possible.
Shaw University requires that you receive pre-approval and complete the promissory note before the Financial Aid Office will certify your alternative loan. The Financial Aid Office will receive confirmation directly from the lender when you have been credit-approved. The lenders listed below are lenders previously used by students at Shaw University.
Please review and consider your choice wisely.
|Lender || |
- Rewards for paying your undergraduate student loans on time while in school
- Borrow up to 100% of your school-certified costs of education
- Deferred Repayment Option
- Competitive Interest Rates
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalties
- Free quarterly FICO® Credit Score
- No payments until six months after you leave school
- It's quick, easy, and free to apply online
- No application fee, No origination fees
- Use a Wells Fargo Collegiate Loan to borrow up to the entire cost of education
Current and Past BalanceLoans
For a past balance loan we can go up to one year in the past not more than 365 days.
- Get the money you need
- Earn rewards for paying on time
- No origination fees
- Lower your interest rate
- Get quick credit result
Deferred Repayment Option
Defer payments until after school, or pay as much as you want while in school.