Commencement - Logistics & Seating
Commencement Exercise Logistics
- Shaw University’s Commencement Exercise will be held in the Dorton Arena at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds on Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 11:00 a.m.
- Tickets are NOT required for admittance, and seating is first-come, first-seated.
- The ceremony is approximately two (2) hours in duration.
- Doors open approximately two (2) hours before the ceremony (i.e., approximately 9:00 a.m.). No one will be permitted inside prior to that time.
- Seating is on a first-come, first-seated basis.
- Guests should arrive in time to park and be seated in the arena no later than thirty (30) minutes before the start of the ceremony at 11:00 a.m.
- No one will be admitted during the processional.
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and in accordance with local fire safety laws, aisles must be kept clear at all times.
- Guests are asked to cooperate with ushers and public safety officers and to keep designated areas clear.