Graduation Clearance Process
The final week of clearance is May 2-6, 2016
As you make final preparations for completing your academic tenure at Shaw University, please be reminded of the Graduation Clearance Process for all prospective graduates. Listed below are the steps you must complete before your diploma package is distributed to you. Note all deadlines for completing the graduation clearance process and degree conferral dates including that stated above.
- You will need to visit each of the offices listed above to be cleared. CAPE students have the option of calling the offices directly to be cleared. Once you have cleared, that office will update student’s status in the University student information system.
- Once you have completed all course requirements as well as steps noted above for clearance the Registrar’s Office, located in Debnam Hall, 2nd floor, (919) 546-8414, will perform your FINAL clearance degree audit, confer and order your degree.
- If you begin the process and later realize that you will not complete degree requirements on your anticipated graduation date, you will need to complete and submit a new graduation application for the subsequent semester and restart the process at Step #1.
Graduation Clearance Process Deadlines
- Fall 2015 Candidates – Friday, December 11, 2015
- Summer 2016 Candidates – Friday, June 17, 2016
Degree Conferral Dates
- Fall 2015 Candidates – Saturday, January 30, 2016
- Spring 2016 Candidates – Saturday, May 8, 2016
- Summer 2016 Candidates – Friday, September 30, 2016
If you need a letter of completion (for an employer, graduate school, etc.) any time between the end of your final semester and the degree conferral date, you will need to contact the Registrar’s Office at 919-546-8414.