Teaching can be considered as both an art and a science, and, just as with many other professions, the development of excellence is a continuous life-long challenging process. The Faculty Development Program strives to empower Shaw University faculty by providing professional, instructional, and curricular development opportunities. The fulfillment of our mission and goals is made possible by:
- Providing funds for faculty to attend conferences and workshops pertinent to teaching and learning.
- Organizing in-house workshops and conferences on the integration and use of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Instituting activities that help new faculty quickly adjust and get assimilated into the institutional and professional activities.
- Providing a supportive and rewarding system for faculty who are innovative and are recognized by their peers for their excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service to the institution and the community.
- Providing occasional financial assistance in the form of mini-grant awards for activities and projects geared toward promoting and improving teaching effectiveness, scholarship, and enhancing student learning.
118 E South Street | Raleigh, NC 27601