FACULTY ENHANCEMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (FEAC)
Members of the FEAC have the responsibility of executing the mission of the Faculty Development Program and their specific duties include:
- Assessing faculty needs and interest for appropriate personal and professional development.
- Planning and implementing faculty development activities at Shaw University.
- Reviewing dossiers for sabbatical leaves and making recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Reviewing dossiers and making recommendations for awards in teaching excellence.
- Reviewing proposals and making recommendations for mini-grant awards.
- Preparing an annual report on the FEAC activities.
The committee shall meet as frequently as is necessary during the year to fulfill its functions. Meetings may be called by the chairperson or upon the request of a committee member. The chair will be the Faculty Development Director and votes only to break a tie.
Committee members are nominated by the department chairs, with representation from each department. Each member serves a term of three years. In the event that a member cannot finish his/her term, another member is nominated to take his/her place.