Office of Strategic Planning Institutional Research and Effectiveness (OSPIRE)
THE bENCHMarK & DISH SYSTEM
Three 25-question Benchmark polls deployed throughout the semester represent the engine driving the evaluation process
- The course is the target of the assessment system
- Assess performance from a variety of knowledgeable sources and stakeholders
- Includes a strong self-assessment component
- Aggregate the data up from the class level to the program level to the University level
Two Data Information Sharing Hearings (DISH) presented two times per semester represent the vehicle that facilitates the efficient use of collected intelligence.
- Provide time-sensitive, reliable, and valid data
- Supports the data distribution with value-added reports and presentations
Benny & the DISH
The Benny and the DISH activity encompasses a distributed assessment system that facilitates “real-time” instructional adjustments to enhance student and program learning outcomes.