Jump-Start Your College Career!
The Freshman Scholars Summer Academy is a five week intensive academic program designed to give high school graduates an introduction to the college experience and increase their chances of academic success.
The academy helps jump-start your college career by:
- Refreshing arithmetic skills; improving critical thinking and problem solving abilities; and learning math tips for success along with tips for conquering math test anxiety in our Math 110 course.
- Improving grammar and mechanics; learning the college writing process; and understanding the demands of academic writing through lessons on expository writing and basic research skills in our English 110 course.
- Attending academic workshops on information literacy and technology training; understanding learning styles, study skills, time management, emotional health and self esteem.
- Working with reading and literacy coaches who will teach techniques for getting the most out of your reading materials; and learning the best methods for studying for college courses and how to improve memory and study skills.
COST: $3,500 (cost covers room, board, classes, and all textbooks)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 15, 2013
For more information, please contact First Year Programs at 919.546.8384 or 919.582.3760, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications that are received by June 15, 2013 will be eligible to receive a $1,000 Scholarship!
Participating students will have the opportunity to:
- Gain early exposure to college life.
- Reside on campus in living and learning community residential halls.
- Earn up to six credit hours toward your degree.
- Become familiar with campus services and programs.
- Participate in community service and off campus activities.
- Work with peer and staff mentors.
- Connect with Shaw University faculty and staff.
- Build a network of support.
- Receive personalized academic advising and career counseling.
- Attend skill building academic workshops.
- Improve your chances of success.
» Download Application
JUNE 15, 2013