Mission and Goals
The mission and goals of the Faculty Development program at Shaw University are fulfilled by:
- Creating an office that provides opportunities and resources to help the faculty strengthen their teaching and technological skills.
- Providing funds for faculty to attend conferences and workshops pertinent to teaching and the learning process.
- Organizing in-house workshops and conferences on the integration and use of technology for the delivery of information in the classroom.
- Instituting activities that help new faculty quickly adjust and get assimilated into the institutional and professional arenas.
- Providing a supportive and rewarding system for faculty who are innovative and are recognized by their peers for their excellence in teaching, advancing of learning, and scholarship.
- Providing financial assistance in the form of mini-grant awards for activities and projects geared toward promoting and improving teaching effectiveness, scholarship, and enhancing student learning.
- Providing a forum for faculty to dialog with one another -brown-bag seminars - sharing ideas, discussing issues that are pertinent to the overall teaching profession, individual research, and / or student learning, while also creating a sense of community.