Weather Alert Update
Due to inclement weather conditions, the University will be closed Thursday,
January 18. Classes on main campus and at our CAPE campuses have been canceled.
The cafeteria will operate on the following schedule:
a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Brunch
p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Dinner
Dining Room - Closed
During inclement weather, road conditions quickly deteriorate.
Driving in icy or snowy weather can be stressful and dangerous. The North
Carolina Department of Transportation recommends staying off the roads until
conditions improve. Please review tips from the National Weather Service on
how to stay safe before, during and after a winter storm. If an emergency
situation arises, please be sure to contact Campus Police and Security at
For additional information regarding the University's operations
during inclement weather, please check the following media outlets:
- WRAL-TV (Channel 5) also on www.wral.com
- WTVD-TV (Channel 11) also on www.abc11.com
- News14 Carolina (Time Warner Cable) also on http://triangle.news14.com/
In addition, information regarding the University's operations will also be posted online at the following locations:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShawUniversity
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ShawUniversity
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/shawuniversity
Campus housing and hospitality services will continue to provide essential services to all students. Students will be advised to consult with residence hall directors and to monitor the university website, social media pages and ReGroup for real-time updates or alerts. To register, visit https://shawu.regroup.com/login.
- ReadyNC is an all-in-one tool to provides people living in or visiting North Carolina with real-time information on weather, traffic, river levels, evacuations and power outages. Visit ReadyNC for regularly updated information or to download the app.