Shaw University Student Research Symposium
February 3, 2017 - 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The annual Shaw University Student Research Symposium (SUSRS) is an event that features oral and poster presentations of research projects and internships by students from departments and colleges across the Shaw campus and undergraduates from local universities. Students will have the opportunity to share their research and creative work with fellow peers, faculty, staff, administrators, and the broader community. The Symposium will be held in The Dorothy Cowser Yancy Building Auditorium, Room 126.
The symposium will showcase ongoing research of the students from Shaw University. It will be an excellent venue to learn about exciting research, to exchange ideas, and to network. We warmly welcome undergraduates from Saint Augustine’s University, North Carolina State University, North Carolina Central University, William Peace University, and Meredith University to participate in this scholarly event.
The goal of the Student Research Symposium is to help raise and maintain the quality of research and education at Shaw University and partner with local universities and colleges by encouraging participation of undergraduate students to showcase research and gain experience presenting results.
Objectives of the Student Research Symposium are to:
- Recognize, encourage, and reward student achievements in research.
- Provide students with the educational experience of preparing a research presentation and presenting to an audience of their peers.
- Facilitate learning about new directions in research and the many different areas of current research interests.
- Promote interaction among outstanding students from across local universities.
- Encourage students to consider careers in research and education.
The Student Research Symposium offers an exciting opportunity for undergraduate students to present what they have learned through their research, scholarship and creative endeavor, to a larger audience and in a professional setting.
Submit Packet Criteria & Guidelines