Library Services - Borrowing/Renewing Materials
At Shaw University, students must use their current university ID card as their library card. All circulating library books are checked out and renewed at the Circulation desk on the first floor of the library. Students and faculty must present their university ID card when checking out or renewing materials.
Contact: (Phone) 919.546.8407 | (Fax) 919.831.1161
- Shaw University undergraduate and graduate students - 2 weeks.
- Books may be renewed twice if not in heavy demand, on hold, or requested by another patron.
- Shaw University faculty and staff - 2 months
- Number of books that can be checked out at one time to a student - 10 books.
- Students must return all or a portion of the 10 books before other books can be checked out.
Patrons are responsible when overdue fines are created. Fines are accessed at $.25 per day with a maximum overdue charge of $10 per item. Replacement costs for lost books is $50. Materials returned after payment for being lost will be charged the maximum $10 overdue fee. Non-payment of fines will prevent checking out of library materials including course reserves until the fine is cleared. Seniors will also have to be cleared of all library fines prior to graduation.
Back to James E. Cheek Learning Resources Center