University Compliance Overview
Our expectation is that all members of the University community conduct operations and activities in an ethical, honest manner, and with the highest level of integrity. The compliance program is the vehicle through which compliance at the University
is coordinated, managed, and monitored for all risks associated with regulatory and legal requirements. It seeks to create a culture of compliance to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
The program is based on these seven generally
accepted standards for an effective compliance program:
- Effective oversight
- Written Code of Ethical Conduct, policies and procedures
- Education and training; communication
- Monitoring and auditing
- Receiving and Investigating non-compliance
- Accountability, enforcement, and corrective action
- Response to detected offences and prevention
The Compliance Program helps maintain Shaw University’s reputation for integrity and high standards in education and the business community.