Welcome to the Department of Housing and Residence Life
Residence Life is an integral part of the Shaw University educational experience. We are committed to providing our students a safe and comfortable living and learning environment. Although freshmen and sophomore students are required to live on campus,
all students are encouraged to be a part of our living and learning communities.
Living on campus is an exciting experience which offers a unique opportunity to learn and grow as an individual in the Shaw University community. Our goal is to foster a holistic environment that encourages collaboration, accountability, responsibility,
leadership, and service as we prepare our students to become global leaders.
What are the benefits of residential living?
- Students develop meaningful relationships with peers, faculty, and staff
- Students are more likely to have increased GPAs and to graduate when compared to students who do not live on campus
- Students enter a welcoming and close community that extends beyond the classroom
- Students are afforded access to built-in study groups
Fall 2021 Housing and Move-in Updates:
- June 4: $75 Housing fee and housing reservation deadline.
- August 12: New and Transfer students, by appointment, only. Students will sign up for move-in appointments in July.
- August 14-17: Returning and Readmitted students– by appointment, only. Students will sign up for move-in appointments in July.
- August 18: First day of classes.
Vaccine Requirements for the Fall 2021 Semester
All new and returning Shaw University students must present proof of vaccination to Student Health before they can enroll for the Fall 2021 semester. This policy will cover all undergraduate, graduate, and professional students—in all degree programs—who
intend to be on the Shaw campus for any period of time starting with the Fall 2021 semester. Documented medical and religious exemptions will be accommodated.
Learn more about fall 2021 vaccine requirements.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Housing and Residence Life Team
Apply for housing