Message from Residence Life
- No student will be allowed on campus or permitted to move into campus housing without presenting a recent negative test result.
- All students must present a negative PCR test result from a COVID-19 test performed 3-5 days prior to coming on campus. (No exceptions)
- The university will not provide any housing options for students that do not present a negative test result at check in.
- Off campus housing will be at the students' expense until such time as a negative test report is submitted.
- On campus students will present results to staff prior to entering their residence hall for move in or to retrieve property. Your move in date/time will be mailed to your Bear's account
- Off campus students must present their negative test results in the gym on January 16th or 17th from 9:00am – 4:00pm. Off campus students will not be permitted on campus or attend face-face classes until proof of a negative test result
taken within 3-5 days of return.
- If students have not been tested, please visit one of the organizations linked to be tested before coming to campus.
Welcome to the Shaw Family!
The Residence Life Staff looks forward to providing a positive living and learning experience in each residence hall.
All freshman and sophomore students are required to live and dine on campus and must complete and submit the On-Campus
Housing Application. The Housing fee must be paid no later than the day of residence hall check-in. Students requesting to live off campus must complete
the Off-Campus Housing Application and must meet at least one of the following conditions for approval:
- Live with a parent or legal guardian within fifty miles of campus
Be at least 21 years of age or older
Be a veteran who has served more than 180 or more consecutive days
Have a dependent who resides with you
On-Campus Applications will be
processed upon receipt; however, space availability is limited, so apply
today! Please note that all residence
halls will be closed for winter
break in December and spring break in March. No housing will be provided for
students during these breaks.
What to Bring
Students are encouraged to add personal touches to their fully furnished room. Use the list provided in the link as a guide to create your new home away from home!
If you have any questions regarding your transition to Shaw University, we encourage you to visit Residence Life web page.
Personal Property Insurance
Shaw University assumes no responsibility for the loss, damage, or theft of student property in the residence halls. All students are encouraged to purchase
their own personal property insurance from the provider of their choice.
Use of high voltage hair dryers, deep freezers, microwaves, grills, or similar high voltage appliances in a student’s room is prohibited. Such items may be confiscated, or the student may be asked to remove the item(s) from campus.
Smoking and Alcohol Policies
Shaw University is an alcohol and smoke-free campus. All students and visitors must adhere to the University smoking and alcohol policies. Smoking in any form is prohibited anywhere on campus. Students found in violation of these policies may receive
a university sanction and be subject to dismissal from university housing.
Due to the recent Coronavirus
(Covid-19) Pandemic, please stay updated on all CDC recommendations. For further information, visit the CDC
website at www.cdc.gov.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Residence Life Staff