This page updates with new scholarships periodically, so remember to visit it often!
Campus Based Scholarships
Students are considered for scholarships available for the academic year. The Financial Aid Office makes award offers and determinations based on the eligibility requirements listed below. Scholarship types and award amounts are subject to change based
on funding availability. The available funding amount for an individual scholarship award can be divided among multiple students. Scholarship requirements (such as GPA (Grade Point Average), residency status, etc.) may vary.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Must be registered full-time, taking 12 credit hours for undergraduate students and 9 credit hours or more for graduate students
- Must be a currently enrolled freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50 (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Must complete a short essay
- Must meet all Application or FAFSA deadlines
- Must complete a Thank You letter upon acceptance of the Financial Aid/Scholarship offer letter
- Admission's Application Deadline: Fall Semester: July 30th | Spring Semester: December 30th
- Priority FAFSA Deadline: March 15th
The Shaw University Scholarship Committee will determine the final selections. Selected recipients will be notified via their Shawbears email.
- Endowed scholarship spreadsheet
- National Alumni Scholarship
- Raleigh Wake Alumni Scholarship
For additional information regarding scholarship information, please contact the Financial Aid Office, Scholarship Coordinator by
email@example.com or (919) 546-8200.
Shaw University National Alumni Association Scholarship
The Shaw University National Alumni Association is accepting applications for the 2024-2025 NAA Alumni Scholarship. Scholarships will be in the amount of $1,000.
March 31, 2024
- Completed at least 30 credit hours
- Enrolled full time
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed FAFSA
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A typed 250 – 300 word essay detailing how an Alumni Scholarship will help you as a current student and how you plan to be an active and contributing alumna/alumnus of Shaw University.
Shaw University Raleigh Wake Alumni Chapter Scholarship
The Raleigh-Wake Alumni Chapter (RWAC) of the Shaw University National Alumni Association will be awarding up to (5), $1,000.00 scholarships for the 2024-2025 academic year.
March 31, 2024
- Have a 2.5+ GPA
- Be a Wake County and/or Durham County Resident
- Submit a 250 - 300-word essay on ‘How the RWAC Scholarship will help me become an active contributing student and committed alumnus of Shaw University.”
- Two (2) letters of recommendation—one from professor and one general Academic Transcript
- Plan to be enrolled in the 2024-2025 school year
Outside scholarships include opportunities for all types of students (i.e., high school, undergraduate, graduate, international). You will need to review the scholarship criteria to determine your eligibility. These scholarships are usually awarded based
on academic merit or some special talent, such as athletic or musical ability.
Important Points to Remember:
- Do not waste money on scholarship searches that charge a fee.
- If a scholarship seems too good to be true, it is
- You should never have to pay money to win a scholarship
Scholarships, and Support Services for Education & Teaching
Crew Foundation Scholarship
Other Useful Scholarship Search Engines Websites: