We are so very pleased that you chose Shaw University to further your education. We want your transition and life on campus to be as smooth as possible! To make the move-in experience as positive as possible, please reference the information below.
Ready to Arrive on Campus?
- New students can begin moving into Residence Hall on August 9.
- Report to the gym at 8:00 a.m. to complete the clearance process before move-in. You must have an award letter stamped
‘Cleared’ before you can move in.
- After receiving your stamped clearance award letter, students report to the following residence halls:
- Female students - Dimple Newsome Hall
- Males students - Fleming Kee Hall
- Honor students, STEM, Females - TOSW
- Honor students, STEM, Males - TOSM
Directions to campus and parking instructions can be found here
. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (919)546-8522.
New Student Move-In Process
This process is for students who have completed the clearance process in Admissions, Financial Aid and Student Accounts.
Financial Clearance Process New Students Checklist
- When you arrive at Shaw, please park in the parking lot on Blount Street behind the Residence Halls.
Students must report to the gym PRIOR to moving into the Residence Hall
to complete the Clearance Process.
- Student will go to their respective Residence Hall to check in and get a key.
- Women report to Dimple Newsome Hall
- Men report to Fleming Kee Hall
College and STEM students will report tothe TOSLLC Campus at 301/305 E. South Street
and proceed with move-in (Skip
to step 7)
- After receiving a key, student will return to their car and proceed to the Person Street lot for unloading (724 and 734 S. Person Street). YOU MUST CARRY ALL TELEVISIONS AND
ELECTRONICS. MICROWAVES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE RESIDENCE HALLS.
- Management Professional staff will unload vehicle and take items to room.
- After unloading, parent will continue through parking lot and return to Blount Street Parking lot.
- After parking, parents may join student in Residence Hall to complete move-in and setting up the room.
- You have now moved into your Residence Hall. Please enjoy activities planned for you on the campus.
- New Students will meet on the quad in the morning and directed to mandatory scheduled workshops.
- You will receive your Week of Welcome schedule upon your arrival.