Office: Shaw University
CAPE - Office 101
1301 Lincoln Drive
High Point, NC 27260
Professor of Religion and Philosophy
Ph.D. - University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
Master of Divinity. - Emmanuel Christian Seminary (Previously Emmanuel School of Religion), Johnson City, Tennessee: M. Div.
New Testament, 1985
Bachelor of Science - Johnson University (Previously Johnson Bible College), Knoxville, Tennessee
Bible and Missions, 1973
- ETH 100 Foundation of Knowledge; ETH 200 Ethical Concepts and Issues
- ETH 300 Professional Ethics
- ETH 215 Cross Cultural Ethics
- REL 235 Bible; REL 300 History of Christianity
- PHI 240 Introduction to Philosophy
- PHI 243 Contemporary Philosophy
- PHI 255 Logic and Thinking
- PHI 355 Philosophy of Religion
Applied Ethics, Ethics, Philosophy of Religion, Personalism, End-of-Life Issues, After-Life Studies
Publications and Presentations:
(Please note list is not conclusive)
- "Regulative Control and the Subjectivist’s View of Moral Responsibility," Journal for Philosophy in the Contemporary World Spring, 2006: 28-33.
- "Past Lives and Post-mortem Survival," Thinking about Religion, Vol. 8, 2009.
- "The Fear of Post-mortem Annihilation" ,Thinking about Religion, Vol. 9, 2011. http://organizations.uncfsu.edu/ncrsa/journal/index.htm
- "Rob Bell’s Universalism" was read at the North Carolina Religious Studies Association at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, on November 5, 2011.
- "A Future Like Ours and Sanctity of Death" was read at the North Carolina Philosophical Society meeting with the South Carolina Society for Philosophy at Elon University on February 24, 2012.
- "Meliorism in Dewey’s Reconstruction of Morality" was read at the 9th Biennial Personalist Seminar at Western Carolina University, Cullowee, North Carolina meeting on July 29 to August 2, 2012.
- Faculty Development Workshop, "Quiz Development in Moodle," was presented on August 10, 2012, at Shaw University.
- "Connecting Asynchronous Collaborative Writing Outside the Class with Twitter" was read at the 30th Fall Forum of the North Carolina Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators meeting in Raleigh, North Carolina, on September 20, 2012.
- “The Lure of Corporate Virtue” in Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance, edited by Samuel Idowu. Springer Publishing, 2015. ISBN 978-3-319-10908-4