Skip Navigation
search icon Open Search Field

Readmission Policy

Any student who has previously attended Shaw University, but was not in attendance during the prior semester or who withdrew from the University before completing the prior semester, is required to file an application for readmission with the Office of Admission. A student who formally withdrew may apply for readmission prior to the beginning of the next scheduled semester or summer session.

NOTE: Service members and reservists who are unable to attend class due to military service requirement will be readmitted with the same academic status that they held at the time of academic interruption after completion of a readmission application..

A student who has been academically suspended or dismissed from the University must refer to the section on Satisfactory Academic ProgressA student who has been readmitted twice on an appeal is no longer eligible to be readmitted to the University.

Contact information for the Academic Standards committee:

Shaw University
Academic Affairs/Academic Standards Committee
118 E. South Street | Raleigh, NC 27601

Please contact the Office of Academic Affairs for additional assistance at 919-546-8330.