Apply to Shaw!
- Submit your online application.
- Pay the $25 application fee or submit an approved fee waiver.
- Submit your official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Submit your official high school transcripts.
- If you have more then 12 credit hours complete you will not need to submit your high school transcript
- Personal Statements
- Letters of Recommendation
- Check the status of your application and your admissions decision on your application portal.
||June 1st (Rolling Admission)
Transfer decisions are made on a rolling basis. Students can still apply and be admitted after the deadline.
Students can visit transferology.com to get a sense of what classes will transfer over to Shaw University.
To earn a Shaw degree, students transferring from accredited senior colleges:
- Transfer no more than 90 credit hours;
- Complete successfully at least 30 semester hours or one academic year of study at Shaw University.
Students transferring from a two-year institution:
- Transfer no more than 70 credit hours;
- Complete 30 semester hours for the associate degree and at least 50 semester hours for the baccalaureate degree, at Shaw University.
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
118 East South Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Admission to the University is contingent upon verification of the applicant's graduation from high school and receipt of transcripts showing the applicant's satisfactory performance in any courses completed after applying for admission. Submission of false, distorted, or incomplete statements on or with the admissions application or submission of fraudulent residence affidavits may result in denial of classes, loss of tuition and fees paid, exclusion or dismissal, and/or loss of future registration privileges.