Welcome to the Department of Housing and Residence Life
Residence Life is an integral part of the Shaw University educational experience. We are committed to providing our students a safe and comfortable living and learning environment. Although freshmen and sophomore students are required to live on campus,
all students are encouraged to be a part of our living and learning communities.
Living on campus is an exciting experience which offers a unique opportunity to learn and grow as an individual in the Shaw University community. Our goal is to foster a holistic environment that encourages collaboration, accountability, responsibility,
leadership, and service as we prepare our students to become global leaders.
What are the benefits of residential living?
- Students develop meaningful relationships with peers, faculty, and staff
- Students are more likely to have increased GPAs and to graduate when compared to students who do not live on campus
- Students enter a welcoming and close community that extends beyond the classroom
- Students are afforded access to built-in study groups
Fall 2021 Housing Updates
Vaccine Requirements for the Fall 2021 Semester
All new and returning Shaw University students must present proof of vaccination to Student Health before they can enroll for the Fall 2021 semester. Learn more about fall 2021 vaccine requirements.
COVID-19 Move-in Policy
- No student will be allowed on campus or permitted to move into campus housing without presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test result; Rapid test results will not be accepted.
- PCR COVID-19 test results must reflect a testing date that is within 3-5 days of reporting to campus (No exceptions).
- The university will not reimburse students for off-campus housing expenses. Please make sure you read, understand, and comply with the residence life COVID-19 move-in policy.
- Off-campus students will be required to take a PCR test the first week of entering campus (No exceptions).
- Testing date/time/location TBA.
- Off-campus students who do not adhere to the University’s COVID-19 and PCR testing policies will not be permitted on campus or to attend face-to-face classes.
- June 4: $75 Housing fee and housing reservation deadline.
- August 12: New and Transfer students, by appointment, only. A Signup Genius move-in link was sent to student emails beginning July 1st.
- August 14-17: Returning and Readmitted students– by appointment, only. A Signup Genius move-in link was sent to student emails beginning July 1st.
- August 18: First day of classes
We look forward to seeing you!
The Housing and Residence Life Team