Upload Covid-19 Test Results
- No student will be allowed on campus or permitted to move into campus housing without presenting a recent negative test result.
- All students must present a negative PCR test result from a COVID-19 test performed 3-5 days prior to coming on campus. (No exceptions)
- The university will not provide any housing options for students that do not present a negative test result check in.
- Off campus housing will be at the students' expense until such time as a negative test report is submitted.
- On campus students will present results to staff prior to entering their residence hall for move in or to retrieve property. Your move in date/time will be mailed to your Bear's account
- Off campus students must present their negative test results in the gym on January 16th or 17th from 9:00am – 4:00pm. Off campus students will not be permitted on campus or attend face-face classes until proof of a negative test result
taken within 3-5 days of return.
- If students have not been tested, please visit one of the organizations linked to be tested before coming to campus.
Welcome to the Office of Residence Life
Residence Life is an integral part of the Shaw University educational experience. Although freshmen and sophomores are required to live on campus all students are encouraged to do so. Living on campus is an exciting experience, which offers a unique opportunity
to learn and grow as an individual in the Shaw University community.
We are committed to providing for our students a safe, comfortable living and learning environment with the opportunity for:
- communal study
- shared responsibility
- cooperative and congenial living
- self management and group cohesiveness
- mutual respect, support, trust and interdependence
- recognition of the strengths and limitations of others
- Single Room Assignments - Spring/Fall 2021
As part of our continuing response to COVID-19, Residence Life will offer a limited number of single
rooms at no additional cost to students applying for on campus housing for the Spring/Fall 2021 semester. SPACES ARE LIMITED, so you must act fast to be eligible! Learn more
- Welcome from the Office of Residence Life
The Residence Life Staff looks forward to providing a positive living and learning
experience in each residence hall. All freshman and sophomore students are required to live and dine on campus and must complete and submit the On-Campus Housing Application. Read more
- Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know what to bring or what to leave as you prepare to live on campus? Visit the FAQs page for a list of basic questions about campus living?