Upload Covid-19 Test Results
- The university will not reimburse students for off-campus housing expenses. Please make sure that you read, understand, and comply with the residence life COVID-19 testing policy at all times while residing in campus housing.
- No student will be allowed on campus or permitted to move into campus housing without presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test result; Rapid test results will not be accepted.
- PCR COVID-19 test results must be within 3-5 days of reporting to campus (No exceptions).
- On-campus students must submit a negative PCR COVID-19 test result for move-in or to retrieve personal property left in the building.
- Off-campus students must present a negative PCR COVID-19 test result in the gym: Fall 2021 dates TBD.
- Off-campus students will not be permitted on campus or to attend face-face classes until proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test result taken within 3-5 days of returning to campus has been provided to the school administrator in the gym.
- Need a testing location? Please visit one of the organizations below to be tested before coming to campus.
Welcome to the Office of Residence Life
Residence Life is an integral part of the Shaw University educational experience. Although freshmen and sophomore students are required to live on campus, all students are encouraged to be a part of our living and learning communities. Living on campus is an exciting experience, which offers a unique opportunity to learn and grow as an individual in the Shaw University community.
We are committed to providing our students a safe and comfortable living and learning environment with the opportunity for:
- communal study
- shared responsibility
- cooperative and congenial living
- self-management and group cohesiveness
- mutual respect, support, trust and interdependence
- recognition of the strengths and limitations of others
- Welcome from the Office of Residence Life
The Residence Life Staff looks forward to providing a positive living and learning experience in each residence hall. All freshman and sophomore students are required to live and dine on campus and must complete and submit the On-Campus Housing Application. Read more
- Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know what to bring or what to leave as you prepare to live on campus? Visit the FAQs page for a list of basic questions about campus living?